Invite Susan to speak on the following topics at a conference, school, workplace for a lunch ‘n learn, community center, mom’s group or place of worship.
- Throw out the star charts! How to motivate without praise, reward or punishment. This workshop can be two or three hours long and is useful for parents and professionals. Learn the art of family and classroom management by using family/class meetings, mutual respect and encouragement. Explore the meaning of this statement by Alfred Adler, Ph.D. “A misbehaving child is a discouraged child.” Participants will practice the art of encouragement that has the power to transform parent-child and teacher-student relationships.
- Act Don’t Yak: How to cut the yelling in half at home. Learn how to manage your emotions and better manage your family and classroom.
- “Do I have to?” How chores teach the priceless gift of self-discipline and counteract entitlement.
- “Are you ready yet?” How to transform morning havoc to harmony.
- “Can I have the keys?” How to teach your teen to drive without driving yourself crazy.
- 60/60. How to encourage tweens and teens to make good decisions when they’re 60 miles away going 60 miles away.
- “Can I have $20?” How to teach children, tweens and teens to manage money without going broke.
The best way to craft a positive parenting plan is by practice, patience and feedback. It takes time to learn a new approach, and support helps.
Feedback from parents after a one-session workshop “Act don’t Yak”