What’s going on in your families today? I’m interested in your most difficult problem as a parent right now that you wish you could solve by waving a magic wand. Include the ages of your children with the comment.
You can share the hardest problems you’ve faced in the past year, the past five years and/or since your child was born. LIMIT of three big problems per comment.
Be general and concise when describing the problem. ”Discipline” is too general. “Not listening” would be more specific.
Here are examples gleaned from my own parenting challenges.
- Power struggle between me and my daughter, until she left home.
- Sibling rivalry — kids fighting, all ages.
- Telling the truth, lying and trust issues, teens.
- Morning and bedtime routines.
- Food and mealtime issues.
- Toilet training.
- Excessive screen time — computers, cell phones, gaming, television.
I realize that parenting problems are a moving target. Give a snapshot of Vancouver MLS where you are now, and/or a really big problem you faced since you had your kids. I’m looking forward to your responses.